Skip to content

:: wip wednesday ::

August 24, 2011

I was hoping that by this point Ava’s quilt would no longer be a work in progress, but a work completed.  Alas, the fabric I ordered for backing hasn’t arrived yet.  Similar to the first quilt I was working on, this one will be a Disappearing 9 Patch except with jumbo blocks.  Rather than cutting smaller 5.5 squares, Ava and I chose to use the fat quarter bundles we had picked out for her quilt in whole pieces.

Ava is really getting a kick out of laying out the fabric.  She’s going to be a lover of all things pretty and textile like myself!  I am hoping that within the next couple of weeks I will be able to get the backing pieced, the whole item quilted and the binding finished.  But that may be an ambitious goal given I am heading back to work in two days – eep!

Advertisements
2 Comments leave one →
  1. Louise permalink
    August 24, 2011 2:52 pm

    Awesome! I’ve been looking for a fun quilt pattern – this looks like a good one!

    • August 24, 2011 7:09 pm

      It’s the first quilt pattern I made and it was a good one to start with! You’ll have to share pics when you make it!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: